21 January 2007

...Dots. Dots. & BLOOMIN' Dots...


Finally a moment to sit and play. My newly acquired brown floral paper by Diecuts With A View was my inspiration for this card. The base of the card consists of apricot appeal cardstock stamped with Stampin' Up! On the Spot in chocolate chip along with Stampin' Up! Aida Cloth in apricot appeal ink. The brown floral border was punched using the Stampin' Up! slit punch to create scallops. In lieu of a ribbon border, a strip of certainly celery cardstock stamped with Stampin' Up! All In A Row in chocolate chip ink was applied. Happy Birthday sentiment, stem & vase are by Inkadinkado from their new acrylic set
Special Florals. Flower layers were cut out of real red & brown floral paper using the Cuttlebug
2 X 2 Flower dies by Provocraft and layered with dimensionals. Flower center was stamped using Stampin' Up! Seeing Spots and punched out with Stampin' Up! 1/2" circle punch. Finishing touches consist of Stampin' Up! apricot 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and pearl accent. These are not colors of choice or norm for me, but I was pleased with how this creation turned out in the end.


I look forward to our next visit. Until then...

5 comments:

Michelle D. said...

What a super fun card this is! I've been wanting to make a scalloped edge with my slit punch but haven't tried it yet. I love all the details here, you creative little things, you ;-). I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next. Happy Stamping!

Hugs, Michelle

Anonymous said...

OMGosh what a fun card! Love the details

Anonymous said...

Super cute card!! Great colors, and love the flower/vase

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

love this card!

Bety.

Allison Rankin said...

Another beautiful creation...great color palette!