10 December 2007

JOY Of Christmas...

Or might it be Christmas JOY! Do you have a preference...

In an attempt to multi-task for a recent NEW release, product spotlight and technique talk for Cornish Heritage Farms... here's my end result! LOVE a challenge, can't you tell?! *LOL*

This was CHF's Technique Talk for Bottle Cap Pins by my friend, the ever lovely and talented Keri of Pink Lemonade. This is a fun project anytime of the year! If your one who's already finished the shopping, wrapped, mailed and delivered the gifts... mailed off all your handmade Christmas greeting with a yearly family update... house is thoroughly cleaned and decorated (each and every room of the house)... already started baking the holiday cookie swap plates... then by golly you've plenty of time to sit and make some of these bottle cap pins JUST FOR FUN! Have you considered hiring your services to others?! *LOL*

Must admit... I'm NOT one of those woman... might this be one of my New Year's resolutions for next year?! *LOL* This weekend found me cleaning our living room from the rafters to the floorboards in preparation of our Christmas Tree. I did manage to hang a wreath or two and disperse other Christmas decor! Other major accomplishments were Sophie's new dress shoes for AES Christmas Concert this coming Thursday, sifting of the perverbal overdue mail of importance, junk mail & off in the mail, a wee bit of special cake n' candle & Christmas shopping for a couple of special gals, MORE Christmas gifts acquired and lunch with the special man in our lives... my hubby, Sophie's Dad! *wink* How was that major run-on sentence! *LOL* Hopefully you accomplished all you set out to do this weekend?

List of Supplies:

Stamps - Cornish Heritage Farms newly released Scratched Grid Bckgrndr and KiM HuGhEs Collection Christmas.
Cardstock - BasicGrey Fruitcake Collection DP, Bazzill Pomegranate, SU! Certainly Celery & So Saffron.
Ink - VersaMark, VersaFine Vintage Sepia and newly added VersaFine Crimson Red.
Embellishments - Bottle Cap, Barbara Twombley UltraFine Diamond Dust, A MUSE Creative Candy Mini Star, Ranger Glossy Accents, Pin Back, Detail Clear EP, SU! Certainly Celery Grosgrain, Velcro.
Other - Paper Distresser, Chipboard Paper Piercer & Paper Punch.
Technique - Bottle Cap Pins Tutorial & Paper Piecing.

IDEAS - Cover chipboard star with stamped image or DP. Punch two holes to attach bottle cap pin to your chipboard star. For easy "on/off" removal of pin use velcro for attachment of star to your card front.

Managed to accomplish some household duties with my cuppa this morning, along with a couple loads of laundry & visiting with you! Wishing you a productive day accomplishing your list of tasks! When I arrive home from work... there's a NEW RELEASE to prepare for over at Cornish Heritage Farms! *wink*
I look forward to our next visit. Until then...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very, very nice, Anne!!! Everything coordinates so perfectly and is so perfectly placed. I think I should make a few of these, since my cards are all done and out, the house is spotless, the presents are all wrapped and under the tree and ... oh wait, that was just in my dreams! I better get busy on other things instead!!!

Lynette

Lorie said...

Oh, Anne, that is just lovely! I'm just in awe of your stamping talent! I've never even seen the bottle caps used none the less tried them but you make me want too! :o)

Kim Mraz said...

whoa, this is one amazing card Anne...I LOVE IT!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a delightful card Anne! Love the bottle cap! I really need to try this! :D