27 May 2007

Freedom Isn't Free...


Please take a moment this Memorial Day to remember those who have fallen or currently defend our freedoms with their very lives so that you and I can express...

FREEDOM of Religion
FREEDOM of Speech
FREEDOM of Choice

Not to mention the FREEDOM to follow our own paths in everyday life!

There are not enough words to express our gratitude, however we will hem you in our prayers... One thing our family does every Memorial Day is to place urns of RED, WHITE & BLUE on my father-in-laws grave, who was a Pearl Harbor Veteran. My own Dad a Vietnam Veteran, his Father a World War II Veteran and my Mother's Father a World War II Veteran. We're truly proud of our families forefathers service to Our Great Nation!

Tomorrow we'll enjoy a BBQ to start off our summer season. Here in New Hampshire our motto is "Live FREE Or Die..." I think that says it all.

If you'd like to learn more of the history behind Memorial Day... click here! Wishing you and yours a safe and fun Memorial Day!

I look forward to our next visit. Until then...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for writing what you did Anne. My Father (Army), husband(Army) and son(Marine) are all vertearns and I am very proud of what they all did for our country. SHame on me for not writing something about Memorial day. Can I borrow yours? :)Seriously, thank you.

Mary

Ellena F said...

Nice blog, thanks for posting