21 February 2008
Fine Finials Cross
Easter is a holiday that "hops" from year to year between the months of March and April. Might this be how the Easter bunny came about?! *wink* Easter arrives March 23rd this year!
Cornish Heritage Farms is in the process of releasing a new line of "Inspirational" stamps by a new artist... AIMEE NUGENT!
Inspiration for this design was based on Aimee's Fine Finials BG being released tomorrow! Inspiration for me never starts with any one thing in particular. My inspiration doesn't ALWAYS start with a color combo, layout and/or stamp... sometimes it might even be an embellishment!
Monochromatic hues of eggplant and plums holds Easter memories of my own childhood. Copper EP adds warmth with the hue of "rose gold" to this simple creation.
1. Create a Cross template simply with strips of cardstock.
2. Fancy up a Cross with punches and/or decorative scissors.
3. Create and carry the eye with a pierced "layer" vs. layers of cardstock.
Supplies List -
- Fine Finials Bckgrndr by Cornish Heritage Farm
- Silhouette Blooms I (Kim Hughes Collection by Cornish Heritage Farms
- Dusty Concord Distress Ink by Ranger
- VersaMark by Tsukineko
- Majestic Purple Dark, Majestic Purple Medium and Majestic Purple Light by Prism
- Copper EP by Judi-Kins
- Bronze Brown Brads by Joann Essentials
- 3/8" Ivory Organdy Ribbon
- Dimensional Tape by Scotch
- 1/16" Circle Punch
- Decorative Scissors by ProvoCraft
- Paper Piercer
- Heat Emboss
Sophie's back in school tomorrow after being home ill. Sorry to cut and run, however I have an appointment with my mechanic for our SUV tomorrow early AM... besides yet another storm blowing in for early afternoon! *sad face*
Enjoy your R & R the next couple of days! *smile*