20 February 2008
Heard or own a pair of Jimmy Choo Shoes?! *wink*
The name, Jimmy Choo inspired my own line of KIMMY SH-UGHES! I thought it was a cute play-on-words?! Okay, so I won't quit my day job! *LOL*
Since CHA is over, I'm able to share a couple of projects using Kim Hughes rubber stamp line. I designed these Mary Janes for Cornish Heritage Farms CHA display. Some of you may have viewed them around Bloggyland already... *wink*
This years CHA theme being fashion... brought about the Prism color challenge and promotion of Kim Hughes Collection by CHF. Immediate thoughts of darling canvas Mary Janes sprang to mind. New Hampshire isn't currently stalking shelves with these these canvas cuties. Off to the local second-hand store to find a NEW pair a previous owner may have forgotten in their childs closet... now "out-grown!" Now if only the fabric DYE industry would catch-up with the stamping industry! *wink*
1. Leave tissue inserts in shoes to be stamped.
2. Prepare "pressed-in" innersole if being displayed prior to wearing.
3. Beeswax thread prior to use for ease of stitching.
Supplies List -
- Bloomin' Beautiful (Kim Hughes Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms
- Brown by Fabrico
- Timber Brown StazOn by Tsukineko (inner sole)
- Spring Willow Medium by Prism
- White by Georgia Pacific
- Birchtone "Vintage" Buttons
- DMC Floss
- Embroidery needle
- Sewing Pen (disappearing)
- Thimble (optional)
Today won't bring us closer to exposing the completion of my TRIPLE Challenge... *sad face* However... I will be sharing some "sneak-peeks" of CHFs' newest artist! *wink*
Have a FUN-tastic day! Thank-you for strolling by the neighborhood to visit.