19 August 2007

Batty For You...


My friend Gail of A Dragonfly Garden declared this week "Animal Week" on her blog. Gail invited all of Bloggyland to play along. Thankfully, I made it just by the skin of my teeth to participate in the fun... the very last day! *wink*

Can you say... BAT-tastic, precisely how I'm feeling about my new Martha Stewart bat paper punch! Color combinations of SU! Going Gray, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Lovely Lilac and Marigold Morning cardstock were decided for this cards design. My friend, Tami enabled my purchase of the Martha Stewart one inch scallop punch. *Cheshire grin* Background stamps are some of my favorite stamps to collect due to their versatility... The SU! Fine Lace was used to texture my bats and SU! Leafy Glade to mimick the tree tops with Karen Foster Snap-Stamps for the sentiment. This was one of many delish ribbons I purchased on our trip to The Paper Tree in Amoskeag City to meet our friend Tami.

*Edited 08-21-07 - Clouds were created using SU! Cloud Stencil and "fat" stencil brush tapped in VersaFine Onyx Black ink. Be sure to stipple on scrap paper prior to stippling your clouds on your "finished" project. Unfortunately, SU! didn't promote this item well enough to generate interest and has since been RETIRED... *sad face* Thank-you for all the kind posts and e-mails. *smile*

My family and I will be on vacation this week, HOWEVER... I plan to work in some stamping to share with you where I can. Hope your week's off to a wonderful beginning!
I look forward to our next visit. Until then...

18 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Very cool Anne!

Unknown said...

WOW! This is really cool :) Can you share with me how you made the clouds? It is not often that I find something that I can't seem to figure out :) I love it!!

Kristina Lewis said...

Wow! This is super star quality! You are so darn talented! I also would love to know how you made the clouds?? Sponging with a stencil? ((hugs))

Kristina Lewis said...

I keep looking at this card. I LOVE it! Design teams need to hire you!!

Anonymous said...

anne
you are a stamping queen. I love that card and how could I miss the ribbon at The Paper Tree. I have 3 new Martha Halloween punches thanks to you and Mary. My sister bought me the Martha spider, bat, and pumpkin plus 4 other MS goodies. I'm so spoiled. Please tell me Tracy made it in on the 12 th spot of ATC swap number 2. happy vacation. I want details!!!

Anonymous said...

Bat for another lookie...Mummy would be so proud of you.

Monica said...

Great card! I love how you did the clouds, and the lace bg for texture on the bats rocks!

Gail Binette said...

WOW!!! The card came out so good Anne. Thanks for playing along with me. I can't get myself in the mood for Halloween just yet, so I'll just keep browsing at your card.

Happy vacation!

bensarmom said...

Anne this is fantastic! You have so many cool elements in here. Did you use the Stampin' Up cloud template for the clouds? Love this! Happy vacation.

Anonymous said...

Another awesome card, Anne! I love looking at all the things you come up with.

Lynette

Mary said...

Your card came out awesome Anne. But then all of your cards do. :) I love the clouds. The bats came out just the way you explained them to me while we were talking on the phone. :)

Mary

bethtrue said...

This card is very cool; I love how you combined all different elements into one card for Halloween; yet none of the elements individually are for Halloween (well except for the bat punch which i love and thanks for enabling me). Also - that ribbon - YUM! Add me to the list for wanting confirmation on those clouds; i'm assuming you sponged on a stencil - they look great!

Hope you had a great vacation.

Beth B. (mommy to a busy 4 yr old)

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love those clouds

Kathy W said...

Incredible card. Love the bat punch (not into Martha Stewart, but I think I need this), the clouds are a work of art, and the black and basic gray look go good with the orange. Thanks for sharing the details.

Corie said...

This is incredible -- so FANTASTIC. You definitely ROCK

Jean said...

Great card! Love those bats!!

Unknown said...

so cute! Love it.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

How did you get those amazing clouds...Love them...

BTY I just posted some Blog Candy!!

HUgs,
Lisa B <><