09 August 2007

Petit Eiffel Merci...


Time sure flies... even when your NOT having fun! However, it's fleeting when your in the company of a good friend! *wink*

Hard to believe a week ago tomorrow, my friend Jennie and I were off for a day of shopping. I told Jennie to make a list of places she wanted to shop? We began our adventure with the Etc. Shoppe. I scored a pair of Eddie Bauer and Talbots shorts in like new condition, a large ribbon jar and vintage oak recipe file to name a few of my goodies! *wink* Next on her list was a quilt shop and then it was off to Wal Mart and Longview Farm for some fresh veggies for the evening dinner. We decided on a couple of grilled Panini's for lunch and sat on a park bench for some wonderful conversation. Before we knew it... it was time to head back to the dock as Jennie's husband, Yvon was arriving from Paris!

This was a "simple" thank-you card designed in honor of my friend from Paris, France. When Jennie arrived she brought beautiful gifts of a Paris tee and red enamel on metal dish for Sophie and me. Decidely enough... I don't do simple well! *wink*

You will note my choice of France's flag colors, paisley and the Eiffel Tower in my card design. The brown was not in anyway to insinuate that France is dirty, but rather olde and nostaligic... PLUS I have an issue with white! *wink*

A dream of mine is to someday visit the beautiful city of Paris with my family before I expire. Dave, my husband noted my love of the Eiffel Tower when he was admiring Jennie's card.

A special thank-you to both of our Mum's for watching our children, which allowed us a wonderful day spent together.

Supplies Used: SU! Real Red, Ballet Blue and White Confetti cardstock, SU! Paisley background stamped with VersaMark, A Muse Eiffel Tower image colored with SU! Watercolor Pencils, Mike's $pot "thanks" stamp. Accessories: May Arts Red and Cream striped ribbon (Stamping Memories)

I look forward to our next visit. Until then...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne,

What a great "simple" card! I think you do "simple" very well - it's lovely. Now, if only "simple" didn't take so long!!

Lynette

Elizabeth Royalty said...

wow! I wanna go shopping now! :)

your card is so cute (and very clever!) - love the ribbon!

Mary said...

I agree with Lynette. Too bad that simple takes too long. At least it does for you and I. :) I really like your card a lot Anne. I love that you used the French colors to make this card and I *love* that ribbon!

Awesome card Anne.

Mare

Corie said...

What an adorable card.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day!!!! And you do "simple" with the same perfection that you do elaborate! LOVE the card!!!
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne this turned out Lovely! Way to go!

bensarmom said...

Anne,
This card is just beautiful. Sounds like your day together was just wonderful. Glad I could share it via your blog.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne-

You are SO SO talented and a very sweet and beautiful young lady. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet you. It was a great day at the Paper Tree. You and Mary are very nice ladies. So, when are you coming to MN? I love this card and your work is A+ Anne. I just added your blog to my daily views. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Kristina Lewis said...

Anne, I didn't know you have a blog!! It's wonderful! I love the card! Did you have fun with Tami?? I can't wait to hear all about it! ((Hugs))

Rochelle W said...

I love love love this card. Very nice Anne.