11 August 2007

The Traveling Stampers...

Where to begin...

Yesterday was an adventure of epic proportion! *wink* I found myself traveling down I-93 to meet my dear friend, Mare in Capital City... at our regular rendezvous point. It's here that we'd start on our latest adventure! Or what we refer to as a road trip! *wink*

It all began with Mare's involvement with the A*Muse A*Palooza! Leading her to be-friend Tami Wood of Minnesota, a certified A Muse instructor. Tami, a New Hampshire girl herself, would be coming home to visit and was interested in meeting Mare! Being the generous soul she is, Mare extended an invitation for me to join them. Besides... I generally serve as chauffer on our excursions. *can you say... lucky* A decision to meet at The Paper Tree was agreed by all.


Upon our arrival, *slightly ahead of schedule* we were greeted by The Paper Tree's proprietor, Michelle at the door! What a delight... so friendly, accommodating and joined in our excitement of all the "oohs and ahhs!" We agreed whole heartedly that we'd be making a return trip to see our new friend Michelle in the near future!

Tami arrived shortly with her wonderful mother, Ellie. Hugs of excitement were exchanged. It was as though we'd all known each other forever... We chit-chatted over shares of our work, exchange of more chit-chat and a make n' take prepared by Tami! Tami has incredible ideas and an abundance of talent... has definitely earned the recognition of being an A Muse design team member too?! It's all about the talent or lets say it should be... We think you rock babe!!!! *wink* If we'd only thought of it sooner... we'd have extended an invite to our friend Elizabeth of My Paper Trails to join us! *sorry... sad face* Know that you came-up in conversation while "oohing and ahhing" over your cyclist ATC babe (my fav) *wink* Tami was wishing she were still here at the end of September! *wink* We wrapped things up with a wee bit of shopping and photo opts with our new friend Michelle! Packing everyone and everything in my jimmy, we prepared to meet Ellie at AC Moore. Couldn't see Ellie making the trek back for Tami. Besides... we were headed in that very direction! *Cheshire grin* There was a gift exchange going on in my vehicle during the "dipsy doodling" ride over to the Mall of New Hampshire... sure hope Tami won't mind traveling with this catawampus woman on her next visit?! *wink* Sadly... it was time to part company at AC Moore. However, we'll keep in-touch via e-mail, phone and relay of person to person. Now to get Tami set-up with her own blog... Blogger's FREE! *wink*


Before leaving the mall... a call for the largest triple berry smoothie offered by Orange Julius was in order for the road trip home... can you say YUM-O!!!! We set forth for our next stop being Capital City! Traveling right along... we noted an accident on the off ramp to the seacoast?! Breathing a sigh of relief and counting our blessings that we weren't headed home in that direction! After reaching the toll booth to exchange our $.75 and have a nice day with the toll booth operator. What did we find... ONLY ourselves in (weekend tourist) grid lock traffic on the otherside, crawling in the direction of HOME!!! *missed photo opt... oops* (Shank's mare would've been quicker) Being a true Yank, my patience was limited. Mare, we're taking a different route! *NH secret... if we told you, then we'd have to kill you... LOL* After limping along, we saw the route needed to get us home at a faster pace than that of a snails. It was clear sailing again! *thanks Dad for all the back roads as a kid... not to mention sense of direction*

Mare offered to toodle around Capital City with me while running a few errands... who'd ever turn down her wonderful company... not me! We found ourselves straying into Mike's. Each of us scoring a newly released Martha Stewart bat paper punch! While agreeing whole heartedly her spider punch was a bit gruesome for our taste. I bet Mike's will be all sold out of the bat punches by the end of today... care to make a wager?! After depositing Mare back to her vehicle and exchanging hugs... I was headed up the dusty trail towards the hills of home.


On the drive... I reflected on the preparation for this day, it's speedy comings and goings... and leaving a fond memory in it's wake?! I busy myself with everyday life 'til our paths cross again my friend. *sigh* I sure hope you enjoyed your virtual road trip with us?! Stay tuned... my partner in crime and I will be heading out again the end of September!

In the near future you will note a new addition to my blog labels, possibly referred to as "blog reviews!" Unless I come-up with a better label... *wink* Stay tuned...

Edited 8-12-07 - You can read my friend, Mare's road trip post ----> HERE! Tami, honey please note that I "fixed" your name after posting your comment... my TYPE A personality wouldn't allow me to leave it incorrect! *wink*


As always, I look forward to our next visit. Until then...

7 comments:

Kristina Lewis said...

Ohhh, I so wish I was there with all of you! I'm so glad you had fun! Tami is such a special and talented woman! I am so glad to be getting to know you! I have added you to my blog roll also!! ((Hugs))! Thanks for sharing your wonderful day!

Mary said...

Wonderfuly written Anne. Now I have no idea what to write about our trip. Yeah right. :) The pictures are all very nice but I did notice thatyou did not add all of the ribbon that you purhasesd from The Paper Tree.I wonder why. Ha-ha. Okay Anne, I will add our trip to m blog tonight and add some more pictures. :)I had lots of fun yesterday. Now it is off to work with me.



Mare

Rochelle W said...

I loved your story. I felt like I was right there with you. You scored big too. I can't wait to see what you make. Good friends..... Good times.

Anonymous said...

Tami Wood is GREAT if I must say so myself. Ha Ha...joke joke!! It was a wonderful day and you and Mary are so sweet. I hated for our time together to end but at least we had the chance to met each other and I must thank Ellie as she was not feeling well. Who knew I would be at a wake at 7 last nite??? You are an absolute riot Anne and DO NOT forget to come to MN with Mary!! I can not wait to meet Elizabeth on my next trip! Yes, her awesome ATC card came on the plane w/ me to NH from MN....Big hugs Anne and thanks for the nice recap of our Friday and your post was so fun to read! Thanks again for my cool gifts and the precious ATC. I love them all! You girls rock including my dear sweet gal pal Kristina Baby who I miss so so much. Please note CUTIE PIE ANNE, NO s on my last name...that bugs 'ole Tami!!! Type A again sorry!! Anne, I just read Mummy your blog update. She thinks you are a doll just like I do and you have such a bubbly personality. It truly was a beautiful day. Sami (my middle sister) and I went to Portsmouth today for a little shopping and then on to Rye Beach. Oh and 95, very ugly...no likey!!! We too were in that lovely summer traffic but only on the way there thank God. Sami wanted to bring me back to The Paper Tree today and I said NO, let's get to Portsmouth but maybe next week!!?? I love your blog Anne and I have a lot of catching up to do. You rock Anne and your work really blew me away. You should be on a design team too. I know we are both great stampers chuckle chuckle but it is true pat pat...we know our work is nice or should I say great and we can cheer for each other right!!!! OK...I blogged bigtime on your blog and I guess I'm making up for lost time. Big smooches!!!! If anyone else is reading this comment I am NOT conceited I just like to have fun with my friends!!!

Hugs!

Gail Binette said...

What a lovely write up about your adventures with Mary yesterday. Thank you also for all the nice comments you put on my blog Anne. Sounds like you girls had a blast and I think I may have to also join you one day on your silly adventures!

bensarmom said...

Anne,
What a great day you had. Sounds like with all the fun you had this time, you should make it into a weekend adventure next time! Thanks for sharing your wonderful day with us.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne
Please send me your email, address, phone # and all that good stuff but only if you want to including b-day and Mary's too. Email is a must!!!!! I wrote you a big long comment again tonight in the middle of company outside and then my laptop died. Bummer. Hugs!!!