01 March 2007

St. Patty's Upon Us...


Just when you thought you wouldn't be needing any of your Valentine related items... *wink* It's hard to believe that it's already March 1st!

Sunday afternoon while setting up a day to meet and shop with my friend Mary of It's All About The Journey I designed this lil' creation. Mary and I discovered that we both frequent the same lss, live within an hours radius of each other... so what fun to get to know a fellow NH blogger. Mary this is the ribbon I was telling you about... *wink*

The design for this card started with this delicious ribbon I found in Michael's $pot, which paired nicely with this gorgeous Bazzill cardstock. Using the Stampin' Up! Slit Punch for the scalloped border... I then ran my ribbon through my Xyron 250 attaching it to the scalloped border and then paper piercing a dotted border along the scalloped border. You can view details more clearly by clicking on the photo to enlarge. Shamrock leaves were made using two different sized heart paper punches and then stamping the smaller hearts with Stampin' Up! Aida Cloth and the stem was freehand. Of course, then came the Cuttlebug... (Provocraft really needs to come-up with MORE A2 Embossing Folders... holidays, paisley, etc...) After applying certain layers in a sequential order I used chocolate brown brads and layered the shamrock with dimensionals. Tada!!!

Well... you better get crack-a-lackin' on your shamrocks ladies... it will be here before we know it! *wink*

I look forward to our next visit. Until then...

6 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

I'm standing up cheering & applauding this card. Love everything about it. I would have never thought about using that background for a St. Patrick's card it works fantastically.

Anonymous said...

I love this card. I realize it wasn't as simple as it looks but. . .wow! My husband would be amused that for once I am without words!

dawnmercedes said...

great card!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is perfect! I just love that ribbon, will be looking for it.Thanks for the inspiration

Rochelle W said...

Super cute. I love the colors and the hearts for the shamrock. Very cool!!

Melanie said...

As usual... you have wowwed me!! I really like this one alot! :) COOL shamrock!! Perfect color choices and hmmmm, you're gonna have to show me this 'Cuttlebug' thing! I like the dimension that it gives to your cards!!

Love Ya, Me.