17 March 2007

Easter Basket Greetings...


It's been really busy around here with Girl Scout cookie booths at the beginning and end of the week, veterinary vacinations for Miss Moxie, studying for upcoming tests (Sophie), snow storms... you get the idea... *wink* I'm sorry that I've neglected to create, post and visit with you, but I know that friends always understand. So without further a do...

Easter falls on April 8th this year.

I apologize for the poor photography skills... this card is nicer in person. I did attempt to take another photo this morning outside, but it was windy and quite chilly. Just not able to get a truly good photo. This card was a design from last year... however, it was truly difficult to keep up with the supply and demand. This card required a lot of cutting, punching and piecing. I did make these in several Easter color combinations.

My design started with Stampin' Up lavendar Lace layered with Stampin' Up barely banana cardstocks stamped in Stampin' Up! lovely lilac using Serendipity Stamps Easter Fun Background.

A touch of rickrack was added using Hero Arts Ribbons Set by stamping rickrack in Stampin' Up! certainly celery and adding Stampin' Up! lovely lilac speckles. Not only am I considered a basket case at times by my friends (wink), but I am a longtime fan of Longaberger products. This is a genuine Longaberger - Card Basket Stamp that came directly from The Longaberger Store located in Dresden, Ohio for visitors. This is a retired item that is no longer available... Some cutting and assembly required along with adding brads for the swing handle. Eggs were punched from Stampin' Up! pretty in pink, bashful blue and certainly celery. Speckling was done with coordinating Stampin' Up! colors. Easter eggs were tucked in amongst real Easter grass, basket is added to the card front using dimensionals.

A family tradition of ours is to have an Easter egg hunt with my Dad and our daughter, Sophie in the lead. My husband with camcorder, Mom as cheerleader and me with my camera... bringing up the rear. Our traditional dinner always consists of a ham, petite peas with pearlized onions to name a few dishes. If you have a favorite Easter tradition I'd love for your to share.
I look forward to our next visit. Until then...


2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is beautiful...I love it!

Rochelle W said...

WOW! I can't believe that you made more than one of these. It is so cute but looks like way too much work. I love the basket. Great card.